RETAIL MARKETING SPECIALIST – Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Location: Costa Mesa
Dainese is an Italian action sports brand that specializes in the research and development in protective gear and apparel for the motorcycling, the mountain biking, and the winter sports communities. In 2007, Dainese acquired AGV, which is a leading manufacturer of motorcycle helmets in Europe. Now the two brands together are the only company to offer full head-to-toe protective gear for motorcyclists, and full Mountain Bike and Winter sports protection and functional apparel lines. Our brands push the limits and enable human potential.
We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunites by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individuals pursuit of growth to achieve future goals.
Dainese USA is expanding and the world of Retail is evolving at a rapid pace. Become the newest member of the Dainese family as the Retail Marketing Specialist.
As the Retail Marketing Specialist, your will be an instrumental part of the ever evolving retail world. Establish how we go-to-market within this unique channel as only apparel brand in the moto industry with flagship stores. You will create and execute marketing plans, partnering with key stakeholders to ensure all activations, programs, and footprints align with the headquarters strategies. The goals are to drive cosumer foot traffic to the stores and to ensure once the consumer is in the store, they are captivated and imersed into the world of Dainese.
As the Retail Marketing Specialist, you main activites will include:
Regional Marketing (Retail) – build a holistic retail marketing plan for each of the 9 Retail stores in the USA with more to come in the next 3 years
- Develop social media strategies for each of the 9 stores that cater to the specific needs of their region (emphasis on Instagram)
- Promote Retail Marketing activations and experiences linking to digital platforms (social, CRM, contests)
- Manage all creative requests from Dainese store managers and ensure timely delivery for all events and special programs.
- Work with managers to develop unique events that bring consumers to the store and create word of mouth marketing.
- Set and enforce a strategic framework and way of working with each store and the global retail department.
Trade Marketing – Understand the North American market in order to educate consumers, dealer locations, price point, and new products.
The Marketing specialist will play a crucial role in sales team support through B2B and B2C programs
- Collaborate with sales reps, and dealers to bring North American dedicated sales/marketing programs and in-store promotions to life that support brand loyalty
- Co-operate with Dainese spa with the development and execution of all collateral pieces, POP, advertisements for retail. Dispatch to reps/dealers on a consistent basis
- Plan and attend quarterly North American sales calls/meetings in order to understand their needs.
- Create presentations that display North American Marketing efforts that support sales force.
Operations – The Retail Marketing Specialus will be responsible for a professional and timely completion of all administrative, operational and communication-related responsibilities that pertain to the position
- Maintaining budget on all items listed above on a monthly basis
- Manage logistics and maintenance of marketing section of warehouse both physically and virtually (i.e. sending branding pieces, POP, swag) consistently.
- Train new hires on product and ERP system and product
- Manage Content Coordinator’s progress on monthly newsletter information
The Retail Marketing Specialist will collaborate with the following individuals:
- The Marketing Manager – Proactively communicating to share best practices, key learnings and innovative ideas. All topics related to the Marketing specialist job will be a part of the bigger picture and brainstorming is a key to our success.
- The operations team – organizing the “marketing section” of the warehouse and maintain a healthy stock of marketing material, POP pieces, swag, and collateral.
- National Retail Manager + Store Managers- coordinate with the US retail department on all advertising and in-store POP and collateral
Realistically, a top-notch candidate will be someone with
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, communications or related field
- 2-3 years of experience in brand marketing or retail marketing (experience in the action sport world or apparel industries is a plus)
- A background in digital advertising and paid social media campaigns
- Ability to work in a close-knit team environment where you must wear a lot of hats
- Meticulous attention to detail and proven track record of building out advertising plans strategies
- Excellent and verbal and written communication
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and evaluate priorities
- Flexibility and availability to work on weekends and for extended periods of time
- Committed to supporting and maintaining company culture
- Ability to work cross-functionality and influence strategy
- Strong knowledge of macro and micro trends in major North American cities
- Passionate about the Motorcycle and Mountain Bike industries is a plus
Must be an American citizen or possess a working visa and/or green card.
Apply For This Position