RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
Dainese is an Italian action sports brand that specializes in the research and development in protective gear and apparel for the motorcycling, the mountain biking, and the winter sports communities. In 2007, Dainese acquired AGV, which a leading manufacturer of motorcycle helmets in Europe. Now the two brands together are the only company to offer full head-to-toe protective gear for motorcyclists, and full Mountain Bike and Winter sports protection and functional apparel lines.
Job Title: Retail Sales Associate
Reports To: Retail Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hrs per Week: Full or Part Time (pls specify your availability)
Location: Dainese Store San Francisco
Dainese USA Inc. is looking for a sales assistant for its San Francisco Store. The candidate is a sales driven individual with some previous experience possibly in structured sport/fashion/jewelry retail environments. Outgoing and with good communication skills. A love of motorcycle gear and motorbikes represents a plus in order to better understand customers’ needs. Bi-lingual a plus, women are encouraged to apply. Salaries are DOE, and include health and vacation benefits as well as commission and bonus incentives.
Summary: To provide excellent customer-focused shopping experience and sales through efficient and timely assistance by performing the following duties:
- Provide quality customer service, assistance with purchases, suggestive selling and detailed product information.
- Build and maintains an understanding of the store’s products and price information
- Adhere to all Company policies regarding sales, operations, branding, and marketing.
- Receive payments from customers, operate cash register and credit card machine and return appropriate change as needed.
- Handle merchandise returns and/or exchanges in accordance with store policy.
- Maintain adequate stock of paper forms for the cash register area, and notifiy the Manager when additional supplies are needed.
- Attend store meetings and training sessions as requested.
- Maintain a neat and orderly store at all times to include re-stocking and organizing of products on the sales floor and back storage, as well as dusting and vacuuming all areas.
- Prepare product displays as requested.
- Balance cash drawer and total currency sales each day.
- Assist with loss prevention, reports any theft or suspected theft by customers or employees to management.
- Answer retail phones and emails.
- Unload deliveries to include lifting and carrying boxes and stocking in appropriate areas when needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Store Manager, Retail Coordinators, or VP of Operations.
Occasional overtime may be required for special events, and can include working at off-site events.
Other duties may be assigned. We support individual talents and foster professional growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED equivalent; two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; accounting software and internet software. Operational knowledge of Stores2 management application is necessary.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and is typically indoors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
All applicants must have schedule flexibility.
Dainese USA, Inc. is the American subsidiary of Dainese S.p.A., based in Orange County, CA.
Apply For This Position