Milestones in the D-air® project
- 40 years' Dainese experience in human protection.
- 10 years' research and development testing in the laboratory and in the field
- Over 5,000 hours data acquisition using a dedicated inertial platform (continually increasing)
- 79 falls - 42 with triggering and 37 without activation (when not necessary)
- The first system to operate without any physical connection to the motorcycle
- Available in a Racing version and Street version
- Street version also available for pillion
- Triggered by highside events (D-air® Racing) and in the event of impacts and slides (D-air® Street)
- Total deployment time 45 milliseconds
- High-pressure airbags constructed using 3D technology
- 13 patents applied for
- A team of top-level partners
- Both versions in the process of obtaining TÜV SÜD certification to the most rigorous standards
The D-air® project has from its inception involved partners who are leaders in their fields:
Simulations and development of D-air Racing algorithm and sensors
- Università di Padova, Facoltà di Ingegneria. Dipartimento di Innovazione Meccanica e Gestionale. Prof. Vittore Cossalter.
Data acquisition, development of D-air Racing hardware and software
- 2D Dirk Debus.
D-air Street project
- CEFRIEL – ICT Institute Politecnico di Milano